1.20.2011

An Oldie, but a Goodie


"True Love Will Find You In The End" by Daniel Johnston

I found a documentary at the library a couple years back called "The Devil and Daniel Johnston". I read a bit about it and discovered he was a musician so I was immediately interested. I checked the video out and went home to watch. This documentary is actually pretty creepy. I had never heard of Daniel Johnston or his music but after watching the video and learning about the guy, I right away, wasn't a big fan. I thought, "bad guitar, bad voice", and it didn't help that he was bipolar and actually pretty mentally unstable. Although it was a pretty creepy,sad but interesting video, I forgot about him and kept listening to different artists/bands. Then a few months ago, I remembered him and the documentary I watched. I knew my taste in music had changed a bit so I gave him another listen and fell in love. Daniel Johnston has struggled a lot in his life, but for the most part, he is a musical genius. So what if his songs aren't flawless? They are beautiful, creative, strong, and very intriguing. There was a time where he was very popular in music but it seems he's been forgotten. So, I thought I'd share just incase you haven't heard of him. Enjoy :)

"Don't be sad, I know you will. But don't give up until, true love will find you in the end. This is a promise with a catch, only if you're looking can it find you. True love is searching too, but how can it recognize you unless you step out into the light." - Daniel Johnston

No comments:

Post a Comment