1.16.2011

Those Dum, Dum Girls...


"Blank Girl" by Dum Dum Girls

I just discovered this band this evening and I'm loving them. I was reminded of both The Cure and The Cranberries from first listen. But yet, they have their own unique style. Not to mention they have amazing fashion sense and are just all around gorgeous. I couldn't find a better video, but I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. I will definitely be listening to more Dum Dum Girls. :)


"Nantes" by Beirut

A friend reminded me of an band I once much loved. Tonight, I discovered I still very much love them. This video is amazing. I love the way the song starts at the top of this building with just his voice and subtle music being played. Then the more stairs he wanders down, the louder the music grows. He passes some of the musicians but keeps going as if he is going through the layers of the sound. Beirut is quite unbelievable in a mystical kind of way. I love how you can hear their passion in the music, and in this video you can even see their passion. It's very beautiful.


"Elephant Gun" by Beirut

I had to share two Beirut videos because they're just so incredible. This music video is so artsy and entertaining to me. I felt like I was in a theater watching a short skit. I can't get over Zach Condon's powerful vocals. Mmmmmm.. Irresistible.

1 comment:

  1. a GREAT friend. i think you mean.
    i just finished my studying and checked my texts. came here, and subsequently listened to and read all your blogs so far.
    I love it.
    keep going.please. more and more and more.
    even if its only for ME! :)

    ps. this whole blog is so cute it hurts my cuteness sensors.

    ReplyDelete